Updated time schedule and running order of the Dressage Horse of the Year Show 2019 as of 16 May 2019
Attached please find the updated time schedule and running order of the Dressage Horse of the Year Show 2019 for your information.
Dressage Horse of the Year Show 2019
|Date:||18 & 19 May 2019 (Sat & Sun)|
|Location:||Beas River Equestrian Centre, Hong Kong Jockey Club|
|Ground Juries:||Foreign Judge: Ms. Gena Marjanovic (SGP)
Mrs. Alison King
Dr. Peta McAuley
Ms. Possum Richards
Ms. Catherine Sing
Ms. Angela Kong
Mrs. Leigh Thomas
Ms. Jennifer Ho
|Mr. Allan Ho
Ms. Sharon Tung
Important message to all competitors & officials:
- Time schedule for both 18 (Sat) & 19 (Sun) May 2019
We are aiming to run a half day competition on both 18 (Sat) & 19 (Sun) May 2019, targeting to finish all our competition classes around noon and before 1:00 p.m., which is the hottest point of the day. However, according to the summer hot weather rules in places, we might have to stop the competition if the Wet Bulb Globe Temperature goes beyond 32 degree and resume the competition only after 3:30 p.m.. Hence, all officials and competitors, please be prepared for the contingency plan that we might need to run a full day on either / both 18 (Sat) & 19 (Sun) May 2019. All competitors are advised to arrive on time, warm up your horse and proceed to compete at the allocated timeslot on time.
- Time schedule on 18 May 2019 (Saturday)Competitions will start at 8:00 a.m. and will be running over Competition Paddock and Fairway Paddock at the same time. Competition 1 for the Dressage Preliminary Class (BD Preliminary 17 A (2017) Test) will be held at the Fairway Paddock while Competition 2 for the Dressage Preliminary Class (BD Preliminary 19 (2008) Test) will be held at the Competition Paddock. There will be roughly about 40 minutes gap for Competitors between Competition 1 and 2 for the Dressage Preliminary Class.
- Time schedule on 19 May 2019 (Sunday)All competitions will start at 8:00 a.m. and will be carried out at the Competition Paddock only.
- Warm up on 18 May 2019 (Saturday)Since competitions will be running over Competition Paddock and Fairway Paddock at the same time, all competitors will share the warm up paddock in the area between the Fairway and Competition Paddock. Stewards will be there monitoring the traffic control.
- Cooling areaOn both 18 (Sat) & 19 (Sun) May 2019, cooling area will be next to the Judges’ Box and ice cubes and water will be available for use.
- Saddlery & bitsPlease be reminded that HKEF Dressage Rules will be strictly adhere to including those relating to saddlery and bits. For example, if a horse is presented with a bit which is contrary to the rules, the competitor will face elimination. Please refer to Article 329 Saddlery and Article 332 – Incorrect Equipment / Dress of HKEF Dressage rules for details.
- Competition Jacket Under the recent hot and humid weather, Competition Jacket is not compulsory except for the prize presentation.
- CallersCallers will not be permitted.
- Prize GivingPrize giving will be conducted as mounted but may be changed as unmounted due to hot weather.
- Pathway for horses
Having the mission to promote equestrian sport to the general public, HKEF have offered free admission to various primary and secondary schools as well as some underprivileged groups to join our event on that day. General public will come to BREC by the free shuttle bus offered by HKEF and arrive at Gate 9 next to Home Paddock. Apart from the Competition Paddock, there will be a few DIY game booths and a photo taking area on the grass behind the Judges’ box. For safety reason, we strongly advise all riders to enter & leave the warm up arena and Competition Paddock via Fairway Paddock. Special signage will be set up on the event day. We thank for your cooperation in advance.
- HKEF Contact Points
- On 18 May 2019 (Saturday), the main contact point from HKEF is Ms. Zoe Tang (9804 3164) at the Fairway Paddock and Ms. Vicky Wong (6053 0866) at the Competition Paddock
- On 19 May 2019 (Sunday), the main contact point from HKEF is Ms. Zoe Tang (9804 3164) at the Competition Paddock
- HKEF End of Season Awards Ceremony And Celebration Dinner 2019 on 25 May 2019 (Saturday)
- On 19 May 2019 (Sun), we will find out the winner of the Dressage Horse of the Year Show 2019. The Dragon Hall Dressage Trophy (Dressage Horse of the Year Award) together with other HKEF Perpetual Trophies will be presented at our End of Season Awards Ceremony And Celebration Dinner scheduled on 25 May 2019 (Sat) at the Arena Room, 1/F., New Club House, Beas River Country Club.
- Cost will be HK$420 per person for the buffet. Winners of the Horse of the Year Perpetual Trophies will be invited to attend the End-Of-Season Celebration Dinner for free. All competitors of the entire HKEF Horse of the Year Show, including Eventing Horse of the Year Show, the LONGINES Jumping Horse of the Year Show, as well as the Dressage Horse of the Year Show will enjoy 50% discount on the dinner buffet. To register, please kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com on or before 17 May, 2019 (Friday) 6:00 p.m..
Attached please find the below essential documents for your information:
- Update time schedule of the Dressage Horse of the Year Show 2019
- Update running order of the Dressage Horse of the Year Show 2019 on 18 May 2019 (Sat)
- Update running order of the Dressage Horse of the Year Show 2019 on 19 May 2019 (Sun)
For any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at 2966 5078.
We look forward to seeing you at the captioned competition. Good luck to all riders.
Hong Kong Equestrian Federation