Invitation for expression of interest for 2018 Buenos Aires 3rd Youth Olympic Games (ARG) jumping qualifier in Beijing
Re: Invitation for expression of interest for 2018 Buenos Aires 3rd Youth Olympic Games (ARG) jumping qualifier in Beijing
It is our great pleasure to inform you that the 3rd Youth Olympic Games which includes team and individual jumping competitions will be held from 6 to 18 October 2018 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The Federation aims to qualify Hong Kong for this event. Attached please find the qualification system for the Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires 2018 Equestrian for your information.
Qualification System for 3rd Youth Olympic Games 2018 Equestrian
All riders of the YOG 2018 must undergo a qualifier between 1 April 2017 and 31 May 2018 to obtain a Certificate of Capability for their participation. To obtain the Certificate of Capability, riders must obtain a score of not more than 8 penalties in the first round at the qualifier. Riders from Asia may qualify from the 2017 3rd FEI World Jumping Challenge Category A. The total number of participants for the YOG 2018 equestrian will be 30 and no NOC may be represented by more than one athlete. There are 6 groups in the world which takes up the total 30 spots, namely Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Australasia and Africa. Each of these Groups has a total quota of five (5) athletes, which includes the allocation of the Universality Places. After Universality Places have been allocated, the top ranked athletes from each group qualify their NOC based on the individual final classification, until the total quota of five athletes per group is reached. In short, riders will need to be essentially to be top 5 or 3 in the entire Asia in the FEI World Jumping Challenge Category A in order to qualify a spot for Hong Kong and not for himself or herself.
Details of the 3rd Youth Olympic Games 2018 Equestrian Qualifier in Beijing
Qualifier name: 2017 3rd FEI World Jumping Challenge Category A Beijing
Dates: 15 – 16 September, 2017 (Friday to Saturday)
Venue: Beijing Sports University.
Quota: 2 athletes
Competitions: 1.2 – 1.3m on borrowed horse
- Age: Must not be older than 18 years old in 2017
- Date of birth: 1 January 1999 – 31 December 2003
- Riding Ability: Proven competition results with no more than 8 faults in show jumping competitions at 1.3m or above
- Remarks: Proven competition results with no more than 8 faults in borrowed horse jumping competition at 1.2m or above would be an advantage
HKEF would like to send and fund 2 potential athletes to compete in the 2017 3rd FEI World Jumping Challenge Category A Beijing and would like to invite expression of interest from all validated members who actively competed in graded local and international shows and must not be older than 18 years old in 2017 for our Training and Selection Subcommittee’s consideration.
Should you have any interest in participating in it, please kindly reply to this email by indicating your interest and availability for the named qualifier in Beijing and providing us your latest three best competition results at the required level on or before 3 July 2017 (Mon) p.m..
Apart from the 2017 3rd FEI World Jumping Challenge Category A in Beijing, please be informed that there will be also a qualifier in Hong Kong with the following details:
Details of the 3rd Youth Olympic Games 2018 Equestrian Qualifier in Hong Kong
Qualifier name: 2017 3rd FEI World Jumping Challenge Category A Hong Kong
Dates: 25- 26 November, 2017
Venue: Beas River Equestrian Centre
Quota: No limit
Competitions: 1.2 – 1.3m on rider’ own horse
Remarks: Pre event application is needed for the qualifier in Hong Kong
Other important points to note
- Qualification System for 3rd Youth Olympic Games 2018 is between 1 April 2017 and 31 May 2018. However, Certificate of Capability for Asia must be obtained during the period of 1 April 2017 to 31 December 2017 via the 2017 FEI World Jumping Challenge 3rd Competition Category A.
- In Asia, only the 3rd competition of the FEI World Jumping Challenge Category A in any given country counts as an NOC qualifier for the Youth Olympic Games. These competitions must be held between a April 2017 and 31 December 2017. Athletes can attend more than one qualifier, but only the first result for each athlete in the Challenge counts as his/her result for the NOC qualification purposes whether at home or in a foreign country.
- Riders who have obtained the Certificate of Capability do not earn the entry ticket to represent Hong Kong directly.
- In the event that Hong Kong earn a quota place to participate in the YOG, riders who have obtained the Certificate of Capability in the given period must undergo a selection trial to participate at the YOG. The first result for each rider in the Qualifier only counts as his/her result for their nation/country’s qualification purpose.
- Riders born in 1999 may compete at the YOG Qualifier but not the YOG itself as only those who were born between 1 January 2000 to 31 December 2003 is eligible.
- The final selected Hong Kong participant at the 3rd Youth Olympic Games 2018 MUST be a Hong Kong SAR passport holder.
For enquiries, please contact us at 2966 5078 / 5079.
Hong Kong Equestrian Federation
c/o HKJC Shatin Race Course
8/F., Central Complex, Shatin,
New Territories, Hong Kong
Tel: (852)2966 5078 Fax: (852)2966 5082